Your email spam filter is a chump.
Ok, that was a bit strong but at the very least it can be rude to us sometimes. If there is anything more impolite than plucking good vibes out of inbox and plopping them into junk, I ain’t found it.
To be sure you’re getting every tasty drop from our little daily email, just add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list (yeah, he kind of jumpstarted the thing so we let him keep his name on it for now).
You went through the trouble of subscribing to this experiment, no sense in missing out on all the goods, eh? Below are some helpful instructions on how to add The Scout to your contacts, ensuring the sweet, sweet high that comes with a morning email.
We don’t usually ask you to do more than kick back and soak up the good news, but if you could graciously add us to your contacts list we’d love your face off.
Below are some quick tips.
For a full-blown list of instructions you’ll need this button:
- Log into your account and open up a Scout email in your inbox.
- Hover over our name and a window will pop up.
- Select “Add to Contacts” to save us to your Contacts list.
Bonus Tip: Sometimes we end up in the “Promotions” folder. You can simply drag and drop a Scout email to the “Primary” folder to keep us coming in hot.
Bonus Tip 2: You can also add us before opening the email. Just hover over our name next to the subject line in the inbox. Click “More” in the pop-up box. Select “Add to senders” to save to your Contacts list.
- Log into your account, hover over the “Settings” icon and click “Settings”.
- In the “Settings” tab, select “Filters” from the left menu and click the button to “Add” a filter.
- Type a name for your filter in the “Filter name” field. Select “contains” in the “sender” drop-down menu. Type email@example.com in the “sender” text field. In the “Move to Folder” drop-down menu, select “Inbox”. Click the “Save” button in the top bar to save the filter.
- In the upper right-hand corner of your account, click on the “Settings” icon. From here, click on the option for “Options”.
- While in this section, click on the option for “Safe and blocked senders”.
- Click on “Safe senders”.
- Enter “firstname.lastname@example.org” and click the button to “Add to list”.
- Select “Mail” and “Preferences” from the top menu.
- In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon. Then, click the “Add Rule” button.
- In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field (we like The Scout Rules). Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.” Type email@example.com in the text field beside “Contains.” Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus. Click “Ok” to save the rule.
- Check if our email is in your “Junk” folder. Then, right click on the email and select “Mark As Not Junk”.
- Click “Address Book”.
- Make sure that the “Personal Address Book” is highlighted.
- Click “New Card”, the “New Card” window will display.
- Under the “Contact” tab, copy our”From” address and paste it into the email dialog box.
- Click “Ok”.
- In the upper right-hand corner of your account, click on “Options”. From there, click “Mail Settings”.
- On the “Settings” page, click “Spam Settings”. From there, choose “Allow mail only from addresses I specify” on the drop-down menu. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org, click the plus button, and click save to save your changes.
If your email client wasn’t listed here and you’re still game to get us to your inbox, we would be happy to help you figure it out. Happy Scouting.